No more pins!

The day arrived bright and sunny. I heard a woo-hoo come from down the hall. Brett was awake and yelled, because he was so excited to be getting his pins out. Poor kid, he had no idea what was awaiting him! I wasn't going to tell him that getting his pins pulled was not just like pulling a toothpick out of meat. (The way his Dr.'s described it) Silly doctors you can't fool me. Anyway, off we went to Highland for one of our many appointments. Off with the old and on with the new for the 5th time.


This is his hand with the pins out. Should heal nicely they say. As you can tell I skipped the picture of them actually taking out the pins. Not sure many of you would appreciate the video. Brett gave me permission to use it, but I think I'll pass. Let's just say they brought out the pliers, and warned us of blood. They even asked me if I wanted to leave. DUD!! I love this stuff. He did awesome.They thought they would have to give him some time in between pins, but he did so well they forged ahead. I tell you what he is one brave kid!! He even watched through bouts of pain and groans.















This is the bottle of pins which we were told we could remove from the disinfectant liquid after 2 days when all the blood and flesh was gone. O.K. EW! That was gross.
Now he has a short arm cast, his pins as a souvenir,and only another 2 more weeks to go. So glad. Summer will not be as bad as I thought. We were originally told it would come off right before the 4th of July. Thank Heavens for tender mercies!!


You're a trooper Brett!!














1 comments:

    Poor kid, I can't believe all that he's been through. It will be a good story to tell for years to come though!!! Hey, we should be there over the 4th, hopefully we'll get to see you guys!!